Saturday, August 27, 2011

It's All Riding On A Cupcake.

It struck me to write this blog because of the auction for the cupcake hat that I have going on right now.  Some people might think it's odd that I'm letting the auction determine whether I get to stay at home with my baby and work on this business more, or continue on with my current job.  It is a little peculiar that it's all riding on a cupcake:



My husband and I have been going around for a while now about whether I can quit my current job and dive into this little business of mine head on.  I know that if I just had a little more time, then I could make things happen, and I'd be making enough money to fill the gap.  He, on the other hand, is a little more skeptical.  Thus, we made the deal.  If I can sell the cupcake hat for a certain amount at auction (seems a little unfair to tell the amount), then I can put in my 2 weeks at my job tonight.

I'm still not sure if I'll make it to the goal number or not (you just really never know with these things!), but I just had to say "thank you" to some really loyal customers (and friends) that I've made through this business.  I sat down at the computer this morning after posting about the auction, and found that the two people bidding are two people who could easily make this cupcake themselves!!  I know this, because they have both bought patterns from me in the past, and I have exchanged e-mails with both of them on a personal level.  It strikes me, once again, that crafting is truly an amazing hobby that can bring people together in a very special way.

So, thank you ladies for trying to help me out (you know who you are!).  I hope to be able to return the kind gesture in the future.

Enjoy your Saturday.

Melody

No comments:

Post a Comment